The Community Development Department includes Planning, Building and Fire staff. The department administers the Land Development Code (LDC), Municipal Code and the International Building and Fire Codes. City Codes ensures that development within the city limits is done in a way that respects the rights of adjacent property owners, contributes positively to the community character, provides safety for the public, considers environmental impact, and plans for future growth.
The staff of the Community Development Department works closely with the Planning and Zoning Commission and the City Council in the interpretation and enforcement of City policies.
- Building Permit Processing
- Development Application Processing -
Subdivision, Conditional Use, Zoning, etc.
- Development Plan Reviews
- Fire / Investigation / Education
- Fire Code / Housing Code Inspections
- Zoning Interpretations
- Commission / Boards -
Planning and Zoning Commission
Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals
Building Board of Appeals
- FEMA Administration
- License Agreements
- Sign Permit Processing
- Three-Mile Review - County Referrals
- Grant Processing and Administration
- Events - Community Clean Up / Ana's Pledge Bicycle Rodeo