The City of Gunnison provides residential and commercial refuse and recycling collection services on a once a week schedule. All city residents pay for this service in their monthly utility bill.
The City of Gunnison will provide a refuse can and recycle bins for your use. Available residential refuse can sizes and prices are:
- Small - 68 gallons, $21 per month for weekly pick up.
- Large - 98 gallons, $27 per month for weekly pick up.
- 2 cubic yard dumpster, $84 per month, weekly pick up.
- Please place your refuse in the alley behind your house. If you do not have an alley call Public Works to find out your pick up spot.
- Have your refuse out by 8:00 a.m. on your pickup day. Click here if you need to know your pickup day.
- Do not place your can directly under overhead electric, phone or cable lines. Place your can on a level surface to avoid it tipping over.
- Place all of your refuse in the refuse can that the City has provided. The automated refuse truck is unable to empty any other type of can. Please do not place refuse in boxes or bags on the ground.
- Please do not overfill the can, the lid must be closed when set out for pick up.
- PLEASE NOTE! Effective July 1, 2019, there will be a $15 fee for overfilled cans and a $40 fee for overfilled dumpsters.
- If you have refuse that won't fit in your can, please call Public Works to arrange a special pickup. Click here to see what items we will pick up and the rates.
- Do not place recycle bins or other items in front of your refuse can or dumpster.
- Please leave a minimum 6 foot of clearance on each side of your refuse can.
- The City has an organic dump available for yard waste, click here for details.
- Please click here or call Public Works at 970-641-8020 to:
- To arrange a special refuse pickup if you have additional refuse that will not fit in your can.
- For a special pickup of large items such as appliances, etc.
- If you need a can or would like a smaller or larger can.
- If you need recycle containers.
- DO NOT place liquids, motor oil, tires, paint, car batteries, pesticides, or weed killer in the regular refuse. Call the County Landfill at 641-5522 to get help with disposal of these types of materials. DO NOT place building materials, rocks or other large items in your refuse.
For more information on the City of Gunnison's Recycling, please click here.